off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see

Translate

The 15 Most Instagrammable Spots in NYC


It's been a year to the week that my boyfriend David moved to New York City on a project.  With the current situation being that there is snow on the ground in April in Toronto it's safe to say I am horribly nostalgic for New York City summer (something I have not been shy to wax poetically about on Instagram stories).  I fell absolutely head over heels for New York while flying back and forth all last summer and I am dying to go back.  As I don't have any current travel plans to go there, I've decided to make a list of some of my favourite spots as I've been revisiting many of my pictures anyway.  Let me know your favourite spots be they good for pictures, or not.  I'm always looking for new spots to check out in NYC.


Brooklyn

Rainbow Bagels


When in NYC you have to check out it's most eclectic borough, where you will find these amazing rainbow bagels.  They are sold at The Bagel Store, a very unassuming spot, but the bagels are so fun!  They even have confetti cream cheese icing to compliment the colourful pastry!

Central Park

Bow Bridge

Central Park is my absolute favourite place in New York with SoHo a close second.  There were few days last summer that I spent in NYC and didn't visit the park.  A favourite for Instagram and Bloggers is Central Park's beautiful bow bridge.  A great shot to get an outfit post, with the row boats and city skyline in the background, but also a beautiful shot from afar with the bridge in all it's beauty.

Chinatown

Taiyaki


This was one of my favourite moments from last summer.  David and I went for pizza and then headed over to Taiyaki in China Town for their famous unicorn ice-cream served inside a baked fish cone, actually the cutest ice-cream ever!  I remember specifically I was wearing one of David's plaid shirts as it was a bit cold out and I must have not packed for a cooler night.  We sat out on a front stoop in the New York City summer night and talked and ate ice cream and it's one of those little moments that may not seem like much, but I will cherish forever.

Flat Iron District

Colette Miller Wings


The Colette Miller Wings have been a staple to show off outfit posts for years.  These ones are found painted on ABC Carpet's exterior.  David and I wandered around midtown for what seemed like ages trying to find these.  We actually went into ABC Carpet and asked where the wings were and the retail associate was like, "the angel, oh yeah, it's out here".

Lower East Side

Pizza Beach


Pizza Beach is such a cute spot!  Maybe a little loud for me, we went on a Friday, or Saturday night and it's basically a bar.  It is really fun though, it is literally decorated like a beachside restaurant you'd find in Cape Cod, or The Hamptons, with fairy lights strung up and everything.

Lower Manhattan

Westfield One World Trade Centre


A truly stunning piece of architecture.  Also the perfect backdrop for your white theme.  It reminds me of when Gepetto & Pinocchio are trapped inside the belly of the whale, with the fishbone-like walls and the outside reminiscent of the tale of a whale.

NoHo

Vic's



Vic's has the most adorable bathroom, with pink shuttered doors & flamingo wallpaper.

NoLita

Pietro Nolita


One of my favourites!  The pinkest restaurant ever.  From the outside, to the interior, to the bathroom.  Everywhere is pink!  Even the lighting inside has a pink hue.

SoHo

Cha Cha Matcha


As aforementioned, SoHo is my favourite neighbourhood in New York.  For one thing, it's absolutely beautiful.  There are cobbled streets and white washed apartments with fire escapes.  SoHo, in my opinion also has all the best shopping and coffee shops!  I consider it to be very eclectic and luxurious, but with rustic character and charm.  One of the most millennial/Instagram inspired places imaginable is Cha Cha Matcha in SoHo.  It is all palm leaves and pink accents.  Even the garbage cans are spray painted pink with palm trees on them!

Ladurée



Not exactly quintessentially New York as it's French, but still an adorable spot with the world's prettiest cookies to add charm to any shot of New York.

Little Cupcake Bakeshop


This wall covered in hearts outside Litte Cupcake Bakeshop is the perfect spot for an outfit post.


Tribeca

Maman




Maman quickly became my favourite coffee shop in New York.  We have one here in Toronto and every time I go I am reminded of the time I spent in NYC.  While David was working, if I couldn't be found in either Central Park, or shopping in SoHo, I was probably enjoying an iced coffee and some AC in Maman in either the Tribecca, or SoHo location.  They have the prettiest cups and the decor is all rustic, refurbished, farmhouse style.

Upper East Side

Park Avenue Green Awnings




I love the quintessential green awnings of the Upper East Side.  Though it's no longer my favourite, when I was younger I always dreamt of living in one of these green awninged buildings.  I was, after all practically raised on Breakfast at Tiffany's, Gossip Girl and Sex & the City.

Sprinkles Cupcake ATM


Is there anything cuter than a pink ATM which dispenses personal cakes??  The Sprinkles cupcake ATM is both adorable and so much fun!  David took a video of me getting my cupcake and I literally regressed back into a little girl.  Waiting anxiously, hands clasped for the order to process and actually letting out a small gasp when the door opens to reveal my cupcake!

West Village

By CHLOE.



Not only a cute photo op, but also some really delicious fast food!  Everything is vegan and healthy!!

Have you been to any of these spots?  What are you favourite Instagram-worthy places in NYC?  I'm really hoping to go again this summer and need more inspiration, so share in the comments!




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig