off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see

Translate

Best of Toronto: Food, Coffee, Shopping & Beauty

I wanted to curate a list of my Toronto favourites for all things lifestyle, beauty, fashion, food etc.  I find these so helpful when I'm visiting a new city, or even when I'm looking for some inspiration myself in Toronto.  I am such a creature of habit so, as much as I like trying out new things, when I find something I like I am pretty loyal to what I have found works for me.  I hope if you are visiting Toronto, or are a Torontonian yourself you will take a chance to check out some of my options and let me know what you think!  


Food

  1. Calii Love (for Poké & Açai Bowls)
location: King St W, Yorkville, The PATH
My Order: Poké- I build my own small bowl with: white rice, salmon & tuna, smashed avocado, cucumber, jalapeño, tortilla chips & fermented sriracha mayo
Açai bowl- Loved
  1. Sorelle (for vegan cakes with girlfriends)
location: Yorkville
My favourites: Sloane Heavenly Cream tea (my favourite tea ever) and for cakes I like the opera cake (but honestly everything is good, I recommend going with a group and getting a bunch of stuff to share!)
  1. Café CanCan (French food, also open for lunch and dinner, but I like to go for brunch)
location: The Annex
My Order: Eggs Benedict, I substitute smoked salmon for pemeal
  1. Bahnmi Boys (for Bao)
location: Queen W
My order: Five Spice Pork Belly Bao & Fried Chicken Bao
  1. Touhenboku Ramen
location: Queen W
My order: White Original Ramen w chicken broth, sea salt, thin noodles, chicken & no egg
  1. Kiin (for Thai)
location: The Entertainment District
My order: Gaeng Kua Gai (red curry w chicken)

Coffee Shops


  1. Merchant's of Green (Dundas E)
  2. Reunion Island (Roncesvalles)
  3. Early Bird (Queen W)
  4. The Walton (Little Italy)
  5. Maman (Financial District)


Shopping


  1. Queen W (for some unique boutiques & high street)
  2. Parkdale & Kensington (for vintage)
  3. Yorkville (for high end)


Beauty


  1. Her Majesty's Pleasure-
location: King St W
One of Toronto's most beautiful spaces.  Tonnes of natural light and white marble.  I like to go for shellac manicures and pedicures, though they have an array of other services as well.

  1. Fuzz Wax Bar-
location: Queen W (amongst other locations, I've only been here)
I likt it, because you can get a monthly subscription with a discount and really easy to book online, also you can cancel up to an hour beforehand without penalty.

  1. Pure & Simple-
location: King St W
For very very decent priced facials

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig