off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see

Translate

Everglade

This morning was spent in the Florida Everglades.  We went out to Anhinga Trail and Gumbo Limbo Trail.  I've been visiting these trails since I was a small child.  The weather was gorgeous.  The wildlife wasn't too active today.  We saw a few birds and alligators.  When I was last here two years ago I watched turkey vultures attempt to make off with a photographer's windbreaker and carry it off into the bush.  They would also pick at alligators who were too busy sunbathing to bother with the antagonizing birds.

Following the trek through the Everglades we stopped for milkshakes at the famous "Robert is Here Fruit Stand".  The fruit stand is a very modest stand on the side of the road boasting plenty of gorgeous homegrown fruits, other snacks and souvenirs.  One of the most popular items is the milkshakes made with fresh grown fruit from the garden.  I had the Key Lime.  The milkshakes are very thick and come accompanied by a spoon, as well as very large, I took all day to finish mine.
What I wore:
Hat: Top Shop
Tunic: Top Shop
Purse: Coach
Bracelets: Aeropostale, Mexican & San Francisco street vendors
Anklet: Mexican street vendor
Sandals: Birkenstocks
We rented a car from Enterprise, whose service I was very happy with.  Not only did they pick us up from our hotel, but they charged over $100 less than Hertz & Budget.  Our driver was a lovely Cuban whom I consulted about the best place to find a delicious cuban sandwich in the neighbourhood.  

I also hit up a thrift store and outlet mall near the hotel, unfortunately with no luck.  I was excited to have found a white cotton Diane Von Fürstenberg dress, though I wasn't in love and the "dry clean only" label settled its fate.  Tomorrow's itinerary includes Miami and more thrifting!
What I wore:
Sunglasses: Chanel
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig